Important Information for 'Groups Camping in the Family Campground' or using the 'Youth Group Camping Area': (Posted: 3/13/2015)
Groups making 3 or more campsite reservations within the Family Campground and groups reserving sites within the Youth Group Camping Area will be required to provide additional information to the park.
Download your Assateague State Park 'Group/Youth Group' Procedures at: http://www.dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/pdfs/asp_yg.pdf
Additional Pet Policy Information can be found at:
2015-2016 BATHHOUSE RENOVATION (Updated: 5/23/15)
Phase II Bathhouse Renovation is expected to begin on or around Oct 1, 2015 - June 30, 2016. Bathhouses #6-9 will be closed for scheduled renovations. Loop G and sites 1-35 and 73-110 in Loop I will not be available for reservations. Camping Loops H, J, and pet-friendly sites 36-72 in I-Loop will remain open for reservations with portable toilets available in these loops. Access to full service restrooms will be in Bathhouses 1-5 located in Loops A- F.
It is your responsibility to have the necessary skills, knowledge and equipment for a safe and environmentally sensitive visit.
Pet Friendly Site
Each campsite includes a picnic table and metal circular fire ring. Grills are not provided.
Quiet time will be maintained in the campground from 10 pm TO 7 am. This policy regulating camping in State Parks is issued for improved protection of the resource and to enhance the visitors enjoyment.
CHECK-IN, CHECK-OUT and OFFICE HOURS:
- CHECK-IN: Check-in begins at 2 P.M. No camper is allowed to check-in prior to that time. You must register during office hours, no late arrivals permitted. No camper or visitor may enter without checking in at Ranger Station first.
- CHECK-OUT: Check-out is no later than 11 A.M. You must vacate the campsite and exit the campground by 11:00 am. After 11:00 am you are illegally camping without a permit which could result in a citation. Please give yourself sufficient time to pack and load your belongings before 11 am so that others may check-in promptly.
- 2015 OFFICE HOURS:
- TOTAL CAMPERS PER SITE: Maximum of 6 overnight campers, including children, allowed per site. Campsite must be registered to and occupied by at least one adult, 18 years or older, for the entire length of stay. Maximum of 4 additional day use visitors allowed per site.
- TWO VEHICLES PER SITE: Maximum of two vehicles per site. All vehicles must display pass and be parked on paved surfaces of campsite only. Vehicle cannot block or park on any portion of the roadway. Additional vehicles must park in overflow lot.
- CAMPING UNITS PER SITE: Maximum of 3 tents or 1 wheeled unit and up to 2 tents.
- FIRE IN FIRE RINGS ONLY: Open fires are not permitted. Firewood on the Island is scarce. No wooden pallets permitted to be burned. Please do not move fire rings. Campsite fires in fire ring should be extinguished with water; not sand.
- No water or sewer hook-ups at site. Electric hook-ups at H Loop only.
The consumption or possession of an open container of an alcoholic beverage will be prohibited in all Assateague State Park areas with the exception of interior areas of motorhomes. Additional Alcohol Policy Information can be found at:
GOLDEN AGE PASS:
MD Park Service Golden Age Pass Holders are entitled to half-price camping Sunday - Thursday, excluding Holidays. Pass must be presented upon check-in at the park. Additional service charges will apply if unable to provide proof of valid pass. Pass holder must be an occupant on the site for the entire reservation to be eligible for discount. Golden Age Pass requires a $10 fee. Information available at: http://dnr2.maryland.gov/publiclands/Pages/goldenage.aspx
Glass and fires of any type are not allowed on beach. Lifeguards on duty from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Campground beaches are not guarded.
Due to the potential threat of emerald ash borer, the Maryland Department of Natural Resources has prohibited the importation of personal firewood into all DNR owned & managed properties. Please do not bring firewood with you from home when visiting a DNR property. Local firewood available for purchase at Ranger Station or Camp Store.
After office hours, call 9-1-1 or contact PARK WATCH: 1-800-825-PARK (7275) or 410-260-8888.
BEACH CAMPING AND WILDLIFE:
Wild ponies bite and kick. Do not pet, feed or approach wildlife. Hard-sided food storage is highly recommended - Secure all food and trash. Long tent stakes are suggested for sandy soil.
Prices are subject to change without notice. Reservation Fees and cancellation fees are non-refundable.
There is a 2 night minimum weekend stay (Friday and Saturday) and a 3 night minimum weekend stay on holiday weekends, Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
APPROXIMATE SITE DIMENSIONS 18X50, MORE THAN 150' FROM RESTROOM